https://go.oclasrv.com/afu.php?zoneid=1867845

Friday, June 15, 2018

Kieran Trippier claims Gareth Southgate has made him a better player

Faith

Kieran Trippier has spoken to Standard Sport about how his career has been impacted by the likes of Mauricio Pochettino and Gareth Southgate, and said that the England manager has shaped his path.

Southgate has got a huge amount of praise in recent weeks for his handling of the England squad, and yet another player has now come out and made it very clear how much he appreciates the work done by the Three Lions boss.

Trippier also noted how much he likes the manager and noted the similarities between the way England and his club side, Tottenham Hotspur play.

He said to Standard Sport: “Mauricio Pochettino has had a huge influence on my career, but Gareth has too. He has had a massive impact and helped me become a better player. Obviously I am very thankful to him for picking me in the first place.

“The way we work with England is similar to what I do at Tottenham, but Gareth wants me to be a bit more defensive.

“At Tottenham we are just bombing on as wing-backs, but sometimes on the international stage, where there is so much quality, you need to be more careful about the distance between yourself and the right-sided centre-half. 

“It is a crucial area of the pitch because you don’t want anyone quick getting in and exploiting those spaces.”

LONDON, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 28: Kieran Trippier of Tottenham Hotspur runs with the ball during the Emirates FA Cup Fifth Round Replay match between Tottenham Hotspur and Rochdaleon February 28, 2018 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Shaun Botterill/Getty Images)

International level

Trippier has noted that the confidence Southgate has given him as a manager is huge, and that being selected is a massive boost for anyone, with the pride immense.

It’s certainly something other England players have noted and there is a healthy competition in the squad that seems happier and more united than it has ever been before.

Trippier echoed the thoughts of many England players and said he wanted to repay the faith shown in him by the manager and go out there and do all he can to help England win.

He added: “Gareth gave me an opportunity at international level and you can only grow as a person in that situation. You feel like a million dollars.

“When I played for the first time against France, I wanted more. He selected me for the 23-man squad and it makes me feel so proud.

“If I get the opportunity to play, I will be giving 110 per cent for him, the fans and my family. I want to do my best to try and repay him.”

See also: Top 10 betting tips to smash the bookies during World Cup 2018

Neymar hailed as ‘natural heir’ to Cristiano Ronaldo



source https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/kieran-tripper-claims-gareth-southgate-made-better-player/

No comments:

Post a Comment